Data protection is important to us. If you have any questions on the usage of your data, please feel free to contact us! Our data protection officer is happy to answer any of your questions.
Data Protection Officer
Responsible for Data Protection in accordance with Art. 4 Nr. 7 GDPR
Chief Executive Officer
Data Protection Declaration
privacy.data_usageSponsoo allows athletes (*individual athletes, teams, clubs, associations, sport events) to create a profile that can be viewed by sponsors. The aim is to provide additional sponsorship for athletes*. By creating a profile athletes* voluntarily enter data that can be viewed by sponsors, for example, description, name or photos. These data will be provided as intended to the sponsors. Data is also accessible from the Sponsoo team through an access-protected back-end system.
Our policy in processing data consist in providing as little data as necessary, but as helpful as possible. Thus, the sponsors are provided with all the relevant data, which helps them to evaluate the attractiveness of sponsoring. However, contact details are only forwarded in individual cases after the expressed consent by the owner of the data. In order to be able to get in contact through our service, registered athletes and sponsors can write messages via a specially designed messaging system without the need to share their external contact information. Sponsors can also create a profile. When creating a Sponsor profile, you voluntarily provide your marketing goals to the Sponsoo team for optimal sponsorship search advice.
The purpose of Sponsoo is to provide sponsorship. For this purpose, the Sponsoo Team can contact you via the contact details provided in your profile or account. We do not disclose your contact data to third parties without your express consent or for the purpose of data processing.
Automated data processingData provided by athletes and sponsors may be used to facilitate automated matching. The aim of the matching is to automatically suggest sponsors new possible sponsoree (or conversely to the sponsoree the appropriate sponsor). For the matching, entered data can be enriched by further data records. For example, the sports and locations stored in the Sponsoo system are linked with different image and target group values. These values are also assigned to athletes profiles via location and sport specified in the profile. For example, to a sponsor who wants to reach a certain target group can be shown matching athlete profiles.
For the same purpose, profile data is enriched with data from third parties. If the user voluntarily links to his Facebook, Instagram, Youtube or Twitter profile, the profile will be read via an interface of providers, to show on Sponsoo profile how many followers the user has on the respective profile. This publicly visible reach information is also displayed on the Sponsoo profile. The user can also through the Sponsoo system access to other social media information, so that Sponsoo, for example, will be able to get further information about the followers on the respective social network (eg age structure, origin and gender of the followers). These data are also used in the context of matching the best possible sponsorship proposals. If the user deletes his social media data, all associated data will be deleted as well.
Limitation of profile visibilityAthletes always have the option of adjusting the visibility of their profile content via the profile setting. Among other things, they can restrict the visibility of sponsorship offers or hide the entire profile for unregistered users. In this case, if a non-logged-in visitor tries to visit the URL profile, he will see an error page (just as if he had invoked an actually invalid profile URL).
Sponsoo may continue to post profile content on the profile Restrict Google search by reporting on individual profiles on Google crawler that the profile should not be indexed. For this, the athlete only has to tell the Sponsoo team that he wants such non-indexing. You can find opportunities to contact the Sponsoo Team on the Sponsoo website at the navigation point "Contact Us".
Delete dataAll Sponsoo users have the option to have their data from the Sponsoo database deleted at any time. Users can find this option in the Setting section of their profile, under the "delete" button. After pressing the delete button, profile data is immediately offline, but still available for 2 weeks as a "temporary-delete" in the database. During these 2 weeks, the user still has the option of getting his profile restore. After this time, the data will be permanently deleted from Sponsoo database
Images uploaded by the user may normally remain in the "cache" of the Sponsoo website for a short time until they are finally deleted. Data stored by third parties will be deleted manually by the Sponsoo team as soon as possible.
Sponsoo users can delete their data on two levels. Each user account can create multiple sponsorship profiles. Also, one profile can have several assigned user accounts. These records can be deleted individually. If only one user account is assigned to a profile, we'll get away with it indicates that deleting the user account should delete all user-related data. Therefore, in this case we not only delete the user Account, but also the associated profile.
If more than one user account is assigned to a profile, the profile will not be deleted when deleting a user account. Here we assume that the other users want to continue to manage the profile (for example, if a club profile is managed by multiple users but one of the users leaves the club and deletes their sponsoo user account).
Please keep in mind that it may take some time for Google to remove the link of your Sponsoo profile from the search results. We're changing the "sitemap" we report to Google immediately after deletion, telling Google that your profile page no longer exists. However, it takes some days until Google updates the "search cache". Unfortunately, we have no influence on that.
We may not delete some data for legal reasons. Thus, according to §147 Tax Code , we are required to provide business-relevant information of six to thirty years ago to be kept for ten years. These include, among other things, accounting documents, invoices and business communication. In this case, if we wish to erase the data, we will comply with the applicable laws as far as possible and erase data that is not covered by § 147 AO (eg data on the Sponsoo profile), but retain those listed in § 147 (1) Data (such as invoices or written communications) internal , not publicly available, for the period of time required by law.
Should authorities such as the tax office or law enforcement agencies legitimately require access to or disclosure of data according to the request of the authorities.
ContactIf you contact us (e.g. via contact form, e-mail, telephone or via social media) your data will be processed for the processing of the contact request and its handling according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) DSGVO. Requests via the contact form will be posted to our chat program "Slack", a channel accessible only to the Sponsoo team. This way the Sponsoo Team members can quickly discuss with each other who should answer your contact request.
We delete processed requests at regular intervals.
Social mediaSponsoo is present in various social networks. Our goal is to increase the visibility of the platform and attract more sponsors and athletes. In this way we help registered users to find or get more sponsoring offers. Furthermore we offer in these social media and platforms a possibility to inform oneself about Sponsoo and to contact us.
The respective terms and conditions and data processing guidelines of the operators apply to the call of the respective platforms. In order to communicate with users who contact us via these platforms, we process the data of the respective users.
E-Mails / NewsletterWe send newsletters only with the consent of the recipient or a legal permission. The registration to our newsletter takes place with the so-called "Double-Opt-In"-Procedure. After your registration you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your e-mail address. This confirmation is necessary to verify that you (and no third party) have registered. For legal reasons we log the registration to the newsletter and the confirmation.
The dispatch of the newsletter and the success measurement connected with it takes place on basis of a consent of the receivers in accordance with art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. a, art. 7 DSGVO i.V.m § 7 Abs. 2 Nr. 3 UWG and/or on basis of the legal permission in accordance with § 7 Abs. 3 UWG.
In the "Footer" of each newsletter you will find the possibility to unsubscribe from the newsletter. You will also find this option in the "notification settings" of your account or in the area Newsletter on our website.
If you have received a new sponsorship request, you will receive an e-mail notification from us. You can change this notification in the settings of your Sponsoo account. Please be aware, however, that you will not receive any incoming sponsorship requests unless you have log into your Sponsoo account regularly.
On the profile of sponsoring recipients there is the possibility to make a contact request. This contact request will first be filtered by the Sponsoo team, before the request is forwarded to the sponsor. This gives us the opportunity to protect the sponsors from misuse.
Third partyIn order to provide our services and to safeguard our legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6, Para. 1 lit f) DSGVO or in the interests of our users who wish to receive a comprehensive service and obtain as many suitable sponsorships as possible, we cooperate with the following third party providers with whom we exchange data. Some of this data is transferred to non-European third countries, in particular the USA, in accordance with Art. 13 para. 1 lit f) DSGVO.
CookiesWe use so-called session cookies to optimize our online services. A session cookie is a small text file that is sent by the respective servers when you visit a website and stored temporarily on your hard drive. This file as such contains a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the session. This allows your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. These cookies are used, for example, to retain data entered by you over several pages (e.g. in our multi-stage registration process). To a small extent, we also use persistent cookies (also small text files that are stored on your end device) that remain on your end device and enable us to recognize your browser the next time you visit. These cookies are stored on your hard drive and are deleted automatically after the specified time. Their lifespan is 1 month to 10 years. This enables us to present our services to you in a more user-friendly, effective and secure way and, for example, to verify that only you can edit the contents of your sponsorship profile.
Our legitimate interest in using cookies in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 f) DSGVO is to make our website more user-friendly, effective and secure. The following data and information are stored in the cookies:
- Language settings
- Information about the number of visits to our website and use of individual functions of our Internet presence
storage timeUnless specifically stated, we process personal data only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes pursued.
Your rights as data controllersUnder applicable law, you have various rights to your personal information. If you would like to assert these rights, please direct your request by e-mail or by post with a clear identification of your person to the address mentioned above. Below is an overview of your rights.
the processing is unlawful and you refused the deletion of the personal data and instead requested the restriction of the use of the personal data; the processing is unlawful and the restriction of the use of the personal data is not permitted
- Right to confirmation and information: In accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO, you have the right at any time to receive confirmation from us as to whether personal data concerning you will be processed.
If this is the case, you have the right to request from us free information about the personal data stored about you together with a copy of this data.
Furthermore, you have the right to the following information:
- the processing purposes
- the categories of personal data that will be processed
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed
- if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining such duration if applicable
- the existence of a right to rectify or delete personal data concerning you or to have the processing limited by the data controller or to object to such processing the existence of a right to rectify or delete personal data concerning you or to have the processing limited by the data controller or to object to such processing
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority the existence of a right to appeal to a supervisory authority
- if the personal data is not collected from you, any available information about the origin of the data
- the existence of automated decision making including profiling in accordance with Article 22(1) and (4) DSGVO and, at least in these cases, meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing for you.
- Right to rectification: u> You have the right, in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to demand immediate correction of incorrect personal data concerning you. In consideration of the purposes of processing, you have the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data, including by means of a supplementary statement.
- Right to cancellation ("right to be forgotten"): In accordance with Art. 17 para. 1 DSGVO, you have the right to demand that we delete personal data concerning you immediately,
and we are obliged to delete personal data immediately if one of the following applies:
- Personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You revoke the consent on which the processing was based pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 a) DSGVO or Art. 9 Para. 2 a) DSGVO, and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- You object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 DSGVO and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing or you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 2 DSGVO.
- The personal data have been processed unlawfully.
- The deletion of personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which we are subject.
- The personal data were collected in relation to information society services offered pursuant to Art. 8 para. 1 DSGVO.
- Right to limit processing: In accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO, you have the right to demand that we limit processing if one of the following applies to you.
The conditions are given:
the processing is unlawful and you refused the deletion of the personal data and instead requested the restriction of the use of the personal data;
- the correctness of the personal data is denied by you, and that for a period of time, which makes it possible for us, to verify the accuracy of personal data,
- the processing is unlawful and you refused the deletion of the personal data and instead requested the restriction of the use of the personal data; the processing is unlawful and you refused the deletion of the personal data and instead requested the restriction of the use of the personal data;
- Right to confirmation and information: In accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO, you have the right at any time to receive confirmation from us as to whether personal data concerning you will be processed. If this is the case, you have the right to request from us free information about the personal data stored about you together with a copy of this data. Furthermore, you have the right to the following information:
- we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of processing, but you need the data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- you have lodged an objection against the processing in accordance with Art. 21 Para. 1 DSGVO, as long as it is not yet clear whether the legitimate reasons of our company outweigh yours.
- the processing on a consent according to Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 a) DSGVO or Art. 9 Abs. 2 a) DSGVO or on a consent according to Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 a) DSGVO. is based on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 b) DSGVO and
- the processing is carried out using automated procedures.
If personal data is processed by us for the purpose of direct advertising, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling insofar as it is connected with such direct advertising.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data concerning you for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes in accordance with Art. 89 Para. 1 DSGVO for reasons arising from your particular situation, unless such processing is necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest.
data securityWe make every effort to ensure the security of your data within the framework of applicable data protection laws and technical possibilities.
Your personal data will be transmitted encrypted with us. This also applies to the customer login. We use the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) coding system, but it is important to point out that data transmission over the Internet (for example, when communicating via e-mail) can have security gaps. A complete protection of the data from access by third parties is not possible.
Particularly sensitive data such as passwords are stored encrypted in our database. We have no way to see your password.
To safeguard your data, we maintain technical and organizational security measures in accordance with Art. 32 DSGVO, which we always adapt to state-of-the-art technology.
We also do not warrant that our offer will be available at specific times; Disturbances, interruptions or failures can not be excluded. The servers we use are regularly backed up carefully.