Rene IngramKristianstad Handball
Help put USA Team Handball on the map and support our #1 Mens National Team goalie Rene Ingram in doing so!
I have been living and breathing Handball for as long as I can remember. It is an exciting, fast paced sport a big part of the world is already in love with. Now we are really trying hard to bring it to the people in North America. I am one of the young ones in the current mens national team at 21 but I have been around a while - playing youth, junior and senior competitions, sucessfully managing after an absence of 30 years to bring my team as a captain back to the U21 World Championship in Spain 2019. Currently I am playing 1st and 3rd league at my club IFK Kristianstad in Sweden benefitting from the great goalkeeper training they provide. Last year I got the chance to participate in two "championsleague games" which is the highest competition in Handball aside from World Championsips and Olympics. It was amazing and I want to show my country (I am a dual citizen - German and American but decided at a young age to play for the US) what it is all about. My american friends and family that have seen this sport or seen me play were fascinated.
Help me spread the word that USA has Team Handball and let the world know we are a force to be reckoned with. Is not all about a huge amount of money but having a sponsor generates more interest in the person and the sport they are involved with.
Name: Rene Ingram
Sport: Team Handball
Family Hometown: Fort Sill, Okla.
High School: Hans-Carossa Gymnasium (Germany)
College: Högskolan Kristianstad (Sweden)
Team/Club: IFK Kristianstad (Sweden)
Coach(es): Robert Hedin, Mads Fjelddalen
World Championship Experience
- 2019 IHF Men’s Junior World Championship - 22nd (Vigo, Spain) (Team Captain)
Other Career Highlights
- 2019 - 2020 Leading Goalkeeper (%) in Handbollsligan (Sweden)
- 2019 KamaGames Tri-Nations Tournament – 1st (Gormanston, Ireland)
- 2019 Pan American Games - 6th (Lima, Peru)
- 2019 IHF Emerging Nations Championships – 5th (Tbilis, Georgia)
- 2019 IHF Trophy Intercontinental Championships – 3rd, Team Captain (Pristina, Kosovo)
- 2018 Pan American Games Qualifier – 1st (Auburn, Alabama / Montreal, Canada)
- 2018 U.S. Open National Championships, Open Divison – 1st
- 2018: Named to USA Team Handball Men's Senior National Team
- 2018 IHF Trophy Continental Championships – 1st, Team Captain (West Dundee, Illinois)
- 2018 IHF Trophy Zonal Championships – 1st, Team Captain (West Dundee, Illinois)
- 2017 U21 IHF Trophy Continental Championship – 1st, Most Valuable Goalkeeper (Tunja, Colombia)
- 2017 U19 Pan American Championships – 11th (Santiago, Chile)
- 2017 Pan American Junior Championships – 4th, Most Valuable Goalkeeper (Asuncion, Paraguay)
- 2017 U19 Canadian Nationals – 2nd, Most Valuable Goalkeeper (Strathcona, Canada)
- 2017 TVG Junioren Akademie, Youth Bundesliga East – 3rd
- 2017 Named to Men's Youth National Team
- 2017 Named to Men's Junior National Team
- 2015 U17 German Championships – 3rd
- 2014 - 2016 U17 Bavarian Championships, 1st Place (2x)
- 2014 - 2016 All Bavarian School Championship, 1st Place (2x)
- 2013 - 2015 Bavarian All-Star Team Member
Personal: Has been playing handball since 2006 and started at his hometown club ETSV 09 Landshut in Germany…Discovered the sport due to his mother who used to be a goalkeeper in the German Regionalliga (third-highest division at the time)…Started trying out for various youth teams of renowned German handball teams in 2014 and decided at 15 years old to play for two of the top handball academies…Graduated high school at 17 years old in 2016…Currently playing at the Division 1 and Champions League club IFK Kristianstad in Sweden…Is the youngest of 3 brothers.
Our preferred sponsor
To offset cost of travel for the US National Team
Reach / Links
Key figures for sponsors